New program in GREAT LAKES area in MARCH 2020
FULLY SUBSIDISED TRAINING
Hunter New England Local Health District (HNELHD), in partnership with TAFE NSW, with the assistance of State Training Services, is offering fully subsidised training for health and care workers in the Great Lakes area.
This training is classified as FEE FREE.
The program will be offered over two days:
Thursday 26 and Friday 27 March 2020
Times: 8.30 - 5.30pm each day
Location: TAFE NSW TAREE campus.
The training is ideal for physiotherapists, occupational therapists, rehabilitation specialists, aged care nurses and anyone who is involved in using movement in a well-being capacity.
This program aims to enhance the techniques that health practitioners employ when implementing creative movement activities or in care or rehabilitation.
The program demonstrates ways in which movement :
• increases coordination, strength, and flexibility while releasing body tension and improve balance and,
• creates a familiar environment in which the participants enjoy movement and music in a safe, supportive environment.
It is customised for health practitioners who have limited or no background in creative movement, focusing on:
• dance styles,
• the relationship between dance and music,
• the use of rhythm in dance exercises, and
• the creative process.
Participants will gain the knowledge and skills to :
• incorporate creative movement in rehabilitation, care and well-being programs, and
• confidently engage in experiences that resonate with their clients.
STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT
On completion of the program participants receive a Statement of Attainment in:
Incorporating Movement in a Health or Care Setting
CUADLT402 Explore relationship between music & dance
BSBCRT402 Collaborate in a creative process
CUACHR301 Develop basic dance composition skills
CUAPRF402 Develop conceptual and expressive skills
To enrol, please complete an ENROLMENT FORM and email to: email@example.com
Teresa Conicella - Head Teacher (TAFE NSW)
mobile 0408 430275
Please contact us if you require any further information or assistance with the Enrolment process.